Position: Clean Power Intern
Organisation : Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
Reports to : Associate Director – Clean Power Programme
Terms of Employment : Six Months Internship. Possibility of extension / regularisation
Location: New Delhi, India
Closing Date of Applications : March 3, 2023
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to facilitate India’s transition to a cleaner energy future by aiding the design and implementation of policies that promote solutions across clean power, energy efficiency, sustainable transport, and climate policy segments. Over the last many years, Shakti has become a trusted partner of many policy makers who have requested for Shakti’s input. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropies with a strong interest in mitigating climate change and support achievement of India’s net zero transition goals. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an excellent opportunity for fresh graduates looking to learn and play an active role in India’s Net Zero economic transformation and make a difference in the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with a pioneering, professional and respected team.
- Support the team in research related to areas such as Energy Storage, Distributed Energy Resources, Power Markets, Demand Response and Offshore Wind.
- Collect and conduct data analysis for power sector, specifically data related to DISCOMs
- Study of central and state level policies and regulations in the power sector
- Support the team in developing the concepts and proposal for fund raising, communication documents,
- Support the team with management of projects in the area of renewable energy (with focus on Solar, Wind, solar rooftop and decentralized renewable energy systems), discom reforms etc.
- Support team with documentation (Report writing, op-eds, blogs, research papers, etc.)
- Support team in organizing stakeholder discussions, knowledge dissemination workshops/ high level policy convening
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Masters in Power Management, Environmental management, Mechanical/ Electrical/ Environmental Engineering, Economics or other relevant degree.
- Climate Optimist with a ‘Can do’ spirit and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Good teamworking and collaborating skills
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the delegated responsibilities
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Detail of three references
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
- Please mention “Intern (Clean Power Programme)” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is March 3, 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process