Intern – Industry, Buildings & Cooling Programme
|Intern – Industry, Buildings & Cooling Programme
|Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
|Terms of Employment
|Six Months Internship. Possibility of extension / regularisation
|New Delhi, India
|Closing Date of Applications
|20 February 2024
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to facilitate India’s transition to a cleaner energy future by aiding the design and implementation of policies that promote solutions across clean power, energy efficiency, sustainable transport, and climate policy segments. Over the last many years, Shakti has become a trusted partner of many policy makers who have requested Shakti’s input. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropies with a strong interest in mitigating climate change and supporting achievement of India’s net zero transition goals. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for fresh graduates looking to learn and play an active role in India’s Net Zero economic transformation and make a difference in the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with a pioneering, professional and respected team.
- Research and literature review
- Be abreast with policy landscape
- Prepare presentation for stakeholders
- Maintain team data base – stakeholders, projects, funding agencies, etc.
- Help program team in outreach and communication
- Assist in preparing funder proposals, project management and event planning
- Engage with relevant stakeholders
- Any other responsibility which the programme team shall deem fit
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Masters in Engineering, Economics, or development related discipline with specialisation in energy, architecture, public policy, or related fields.
- Energetic and diligent individual who is aware of the trends in the energy and climate domain.
- Climate Optimist with a ‘Can do’ spirit.
- Strong in research, data collation, and data analysis. Excellent/Strong with written/verbal communication
- Proficient in MS Office- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-driven, Committed, and willing to take delegated responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Good teamwork and collaborating skills
Shakti offers unique opportunities for challenging, effective, and rewarding work. We have a 5-day working week and excellent work/life balance. The selected candidate will receive a monthly Stipend of Rs 30,000/- during the Internship period. Based on the performance of the Intern during the Internship period, the incumbent may be considered for regular employment at the entry level. The entry-level position available at Shakti is Assistant Programme Manager, and the incumbent will be placed at the appropriate point of the Pay Band.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Statement of suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Joining time if selected
- Please mention “Intern – Industry, Buildings & Cooling Programme” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is 20 February 2024
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted