Programme Manager (Clean Power Programme)
|Organisation||Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation|
|Reports to||Director – Clean Power Programme|
|Terms of Employment||Regular / Full Time|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Closing Date of Applications||May 29, 2023|
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to facilitate India’s transition to a cleaner energy future by aiding the design and implementation of policies that promote solutions across clean power, energy efficiency, sustainable transport, and climate policy segments. Over the last many years, Shakti has become a trusted partner of many policy makers who have requested for Shakti’s input. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropies with a strong interest in preventing climate change and mitigating harmful carbon emissions. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
The clean power programme seeks to energize the clean power transition across the – generation, transmission, and demand value chain. We do this by encouraging greater integration of renewable energy in India’s power mix through policy support, advancing business models and guiding the transition political economy at national / sub-national level.
Reporting to Director – Clean Power Programme (“Programme Lead”), the role of Programme Manager is to support the development and execution of a comprehensive sector strategy through research, Project management, and establishing and maintaining effective communication with external and internal stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to play an active role in India’s clean power transition and make a difference in the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with a professional and respected team.
Tactical Support to Sector Strategy
- Conduct research and contribute to development of sector strategy.
- Conduct research and analysis around the opportunities identified by Programme Lead and those proposed by partners, to establish their relevance.
- Develop the Concept Notes for discussion at different levels and forums.
- Develop presentations for external interactions (e.g. Government bodies, partners etc.) with inputs from Programme Lead / Team
- Interact with Government bodies, donors and other stakeholders with inputs from Programme Lead
- Draft Terms of Reference for issuance of Request for Proposals (RFPs) to the Consultants
- Coordinate with Programme Lead, Team and prospective partners, on project proposal development from concept stage onwards.
- Support Programme Team in diversification of portfolio by identifying new research / project partners.
- Conduct research to track key sector developments, interventions of other actors to inform the Programme lead about potential project opportunities for the benefit of the sector.
- Provide technical input for research studies and implementation plan for the same
- Conduct specific research studies related to the projects
- Collate and analyse data collected from various sources
- Develop written outputs from research initiatives, including reports and articles, media pieces and explainers
- Share research findings of the project implementation with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and work with partners to track progress
- Coordinate with Programme Lead and Finance Team to ensure adherence to reporting and payment schedules of planned programme activities
- Prepare communication materials e.g. thematic presentations and narratives for various stakeholders
- Support programme lead through background research and drafting concept notes / proposals / progress report etc.
- Develop and provide programmatic inputs to Communications
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Power Management / Engineering / Materials Science / Energy / Economics or related streams. Bachelor’s degree in any of these disciplines must be from a reputed University / Institute only
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in either Renewable Energy (RE), Electric Utilities (EU) or Energy Access / Access for development (EA) is required
- Knowledge of RE/EU/EA policies, regulations, and programmes at international, national, state and city level
- Understanding of data analytics, renewable fuels, technology trends, research and innovation, materials supply chain is desirable.
- Understanding new technologies like Offshore Wind, Green Hydrogen, CCUS, Geothermal etc. is an added advantage.
- Provide support for the production of top-notch policy knowledge products, on energy and related development issues.
- Ability to interact with a wider variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from private sector, civil society organisations, and national and international think tanks and research institutions
- Climate Optimist with a ‘Can do’ spirit.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the delegated responsibilities
The selected candidate will require physical presence working out of Shakti Office, Delhi
Salary and Benefits
Shakti offers unique opportunities for challenging, effective, and rewarding work. We have a 5-day working week, plus paid time-off, and excellent work / life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, Shakti offers a range of benefits including health insurance, personal accident insurance, gratuity as per law, and ample opportunities for personal growth.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Detail of three references (name, designation, organisation, e-mail and phone nos.)
- Detail of current and expected salary
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
- Applications received without Statement of Suitability, details of Referees, Salary details and Joining time will not be accepted and considered
- Please mention “Programme Manager (Clean Power)” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is May 29, 2023
- We thank all candidates who apply. However, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
- Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.