Position: Communications Intern
Organisation : Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
Reports to : Director–Communications
Terms of Employment : Six-Months Internship Contract with Possibility of Regularisation of Employment
Location: New Delhi, India
Closing Date of Applications : February 20, 2023
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to facilitate India’s transition to a cleaner energy future by aiding the design and implementation of policies that promote solutions across clean power, energy efficiency, sustainable transport, and climate policy segments. Over the last many years, Shakti has become a trusted partner of many policy makers who have requested for Shakti’s input. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropies with a strong interest in preventing climate change and mitigating harmful carbon emissions. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
ABOUT THE JOB
The Communications Intern will be part of implementation of Shakti’s strategic objectives through communication channels within and outside the organisation so as to gain visibility and ensure appropriate representation of the organisation.
We are looking for an energetic and diligent communications professional who has theoretical knowledge of Communications function as well as some functional knowledge in the field. Depending on performance, the Intern will have strong opportunity to become a regular employee in Shakti’s communication team.
- Implementation of communications plan for the organisation and its programmes including the brand positioning, engagement in public forums and events, outreach, and launches of initiatives.
- Reporting in all areas of communications (internal and external), and in collaboration with programmes and working groups.
- Manage periodic impact monitoring, including web and social media analytics and media presence, to ensure the effectiveness of the communications strategy
- Works towards representing Shakti and its brand Identity.
- Create messaging that creates a positive brand identity to all stakeholders.
- Collating and editing of all print and digital communications including annual reports, newsletters, brochure and other communications materials.
- Social media postings on LinkedIn, twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Support the programme staff in editing of reports, briefs, proposals etc.
- Collect and compile information from programme team members to create content for newsletter and social media.
- Write press releases, talking points, blog posts and other material
- Innovative ideas for video content for website, social media, events and activities.
- Prepare brochures, newsletters and other collateral as needed.
- Create posters and creatives for social media, events and activities.
- Coordinate with vendors and agencies.
- Work closely with and support programme teams to implement communication strategies for their respective programmes.
- Work closely with and support programme teams for the execution of their programmatic communications.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Masters degree or equivalent in Communications/Journalism or related area from a premium university/institute.
- 2-3 years of experience in communication. Experience of working with the organisations working on energy, environment or climate change is desirable
- Knowledge of social media tools and ability to utilise them for communications and branding.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, editing and presentation skills.
- Teamwork and collaborating skills.
- Knowledge of designing softwares including canva, photoshop etc.
- Good work ethics and commitment towards excellence.
The applicants will undergo a written evaluation on language and communication skills and only after clearing the written test will they be invited for an interview.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering Letter
- Detail of three references
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
- Please mention “Communications Intern” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is February 20, 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process