Venue: Regional Climate Foundations Pavillion- COP28 (Pavilion No – TA3-145), Blue zone– B7 and building 88 (Ground floor of building 88, left hand side).
Date: December 8, 2023
Time: 12:00 hrs to 13:30 GST (1 hour and 30 minutes)
Moderator: Mr Narayankumar Sreekumar, Associate Director (Electric Mobility Initiative), Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
Narayankumar Sreekumar, Associate Director, Electric Mobility Initiative, Shakti, took on the role of moderating the session to examine and propose the necessary policy, regulatory, and financial focus on fostering partnerships and addressing the challenges and opportunities inherent in the scalable implementation of Zero Emission Trucks (ZETs). We aim to showcase best practices that can serve as a guide for other developing nations.
- Mr Sudhendu J Sinha, Adviser , Infrastructure Connectivity & Electric Mobility, NITI Aayog, Govt.of India
- Mr Cristiano Façanha, Director, Road Freight Electrification, Smart Freight Centre
- Mr Sharif Qamar, Associate Director, The Energy and Resources Institute
- Ms Jennie Dodson, Senior Director, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Ms Ulka Kelkar, Executive Director, Climate, World Resources Institute India
- Ms Concepción Boo Arias, International Communication Partner, MAERSK
Topics to address/ key questions:
- Role of Policy Leaders: Discuss active contributions of policy leaders in shaping the discourse on freight decarbonization in India
- Demand Aggregation in Freight: Explore the potential of demand aggregation in freight and address challenges to prepare the grid for electrifying heavy-duty vehicles.
- Incorporating Zero-Emission Trucks (ZETs) into the FAME Scheme: Analysing the efficient integration of freight within the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) scheme. Additionally, exploring indispensable regulatory and financial frameworks crucial for the widespread adoption of Zero-Emission Trucks (ZETs).
- Leveraging ZEV Mandates to Drive Freight Electrification
|Time Theme/ Description
|e-FAST: A comprehensive overview and Insights into the contributions of Knowledge Partners
|Mr.Vijay Jaiswal, Smart Freight Centre
|Experiences from the Indian sub-continent on freight electrification
|Showcase successful initiatives from civil society in planning low-carbon growth at the sub-national level. Each panelist will speak for 6 minutes each
|Encouraging participants to share their insights and ideas through key questions on strategies for fostering partnerships and addressing the challenges and opportunities inherent in the scalable implementation of ZETs:
|Moderator and panellists
|Summary of key messages and invitation to continue the efforts and dialogue.
|Narayankumar Sreekumar, SSEF