Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (“SSEF”) values and respects the privacy of everyone contributing towards SSEF’s aims and objectives. SSEF recognizes the importance of having a quality team looking after programs, operations, communications, and fundraising etc., which cannot be overstated in SSEF’s efforts. This policy of SSEF applies to any person (“Data Subject”) who provides his or her information to SSEF by any means, including but not limited to by accessing the website of SSEF, or writing to SSEF or its employees, representative, agents, etc.
SSEF will collect and use only limited personal data, including personal sensitive data as defined under Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal data or Information Rules, 2011 (personal information/ personal data), of any person depending on his/ her interaction either directly with SSEF or through its Website (www.shaktifoundation.in) (“Website”). This means we collect and use your personal data only where: you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes; or it is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; or it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or it is necessary to protect your vital interests or of another natural person; or it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Where we are relying on consent as the legal basis, we will notify you and seek additional consent before using your personal data for a new purpose that is inconsistent with the original purpose for which we collected it.
In this policy, the words “we”, “our”, and “us” refer to Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (www.shaktifoundation.in) and the privacy mechanism outlined identify personally identifiable or personal information that may be collected, how such information is used, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information.
BY ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE OR INTERACTING WITH SSEF OR ITS EMPLOYEES/ AGENTS/ REPRESENTATIVES OR/AND PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY AND TO OUR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES STATED BELOW.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND SSEF SHALL NOT BE OBLIGED TO YOU TO PROVIDE YOU ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES.
This policy applies to information collected on the Website and also applies to personal information procured during the interaction of the Data Subject with SSEF or its employees/ agents/ representatives.Primarily, we collect two types of information from visitors to the Website: (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and (2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies (“Information”).
- Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name, [Shakti may insert any other information like Sex, Medical Details, Pan No., Aadhar No., Passport, Bank Account details, etc. which it intend to collect from the third party] or any other information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, or any other information which has the attributes of identifying any natural person. SSEF collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Website:
- We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone or mobile number, etc. [Shakti may insert any other information like Sex, Medical Details, Pan No., Aadhar No., Passport, Bank Account details, etc. which it intends to collect from the third party], if you contact us on our Website or through any other medium;
The above illustration is an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected by SSEF.
If you do not want SSEF to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, location data, age, location, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Website:
- Logfiles/Internet Protocol (IP) address.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) and gather Logfiles which are automatically recognized by our server. Such data may include your IP address, geographical location data, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of Website use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of SSEF’s Website and its services. The purpose of collecting such information is to monitor and improve our Website.If you do not wish SSEF to collect above information, please do not access the Website or provide your data to SSEF.
- Cookie – A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Website. For example, when someone visits a page within the Website, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Website previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Website. While they are harmless, they may contain non-personally identifiable information and depending on your browser these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of the Website. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our Website.
- Logfiles/Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We collect the above non-personally identifiable information from all visitors and users of our Website. If you do not want SSEF to have access to this information, please do not visit our Website.
By accessing Website and providing your personal information and data to SSEF, it will be treated as Data Subject has given exclusive permission for the use, storage, retention, processing and sharing of your personal information and data, and purpose as set out in this policy and your consent to the terms of this policy, which is also accessible at https://www.shaktifoundation.in.You are also consenting to the terms of this policy in its entirety for our continued use of all previously collected information, until specific withdrawal of the right granted to us towards use of your personal information is intimated to SSEF as per terms of this policy.Subject to the rights that SSEF may have, you can exercise discretion of not providing personal information or data to SSEF.
Use of Collected Information
We use information obtained from Website or any other medium (both non-personal information and, where applicable, personal information) for performance of our obligations, duties and exercise of our rights in India or out of India, as mentioned herein below:
- To contact Data Subject;
- To send newsletter, reports, invitations, publications, or any other communications;
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement / contract you have with us,
- To perform our contractual obligations and render our services,
- To promote our activities, services, aims and objects,
- To seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the activities and goals of our organization,
- To process enquiries or applications submitted by you,
- To process and respond to requests, improve our operations, and communicate about our activities, services and research,
- To best serve you, we may share your personal information including sensitive personal information with other members, associates, partners, employees and data processors including service providers that provide support services to us,
- To meet statutory obligations,
- To the extent required or permitted by law, we may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements,
- We may use the information for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact us or any other inquiry.
All information provided to us by you through any mode of communication shall be treated as voluntarily information provided by you. Your e-mail, physical address or any other mode of communication, as per the practice of SSEF may be used by SSEF to respond to you. The above information is generally retained for the time period until the Data Subject requests for withdrawal or erasure of the information.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this policy, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
If you do not want SSEF to use your personal information, please do not visit our Website or provide any information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information, when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of SSEF or others. We may also disclose your personal information, when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required by law. Service providers and third parties who perform services on our behalf are contractually restricted from using your information in any manner, other than as provided in this policy.We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of others or their Website, even if you access those using links from our Website. We can make no promises or guarantees regarding data collection on the hyper-linked pages and on Website that are not owned by SSEF.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries.
SSEF may share personal information and non-personal information with its affiliates and subsidiaries around the world for the purposes described in this Policy. The term ‘affiliates’ or ‘subsidiaries’ refers to group companies who may be using SSEF name or who has common ownership or control.We generally do not share with third parties the information we receive. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal and non-personal information with third party service providers to enable the service;
- Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- Other Parties in Connection with CorporateIn connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of SSEF’s business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where SSEF may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect SSEF or its interests. In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property.
In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
- Overseas Transfers
The data shared with/ collected by SSEF may be stored/processed in India and such other jurisdictions where a third party engaged by SSEF may process the data on SSEF’s behalf. By agreeing to this policy, you are providing SSEF with your explicit consent to process your personal information for the purpose(s) defined in this policy. The data protection regulations in India or such other jurisdictions may differ from those of your country of residence.We, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and suppliers may use information (including your personal information) in other countries as per the requirement. The data protection laws in many of these countries may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you are located. However, before transferring your personal information we will take steps to ensure that such information will be afforded the same level of protection.By agreeing to this Policy, you expressly consent to us and our business associates processing your data in any jurisdiction in accordance with this Policy.IF YOU DO NOT WISH SSEF TO SHARE AND DISCLOSE ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE WEBSITE OR PROIVDE ANY INFORMATION.
Collection and use of Information from Children under the Age of 18
SSEF does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Website. If you are under 18 please do not attempt to register on the Website or send us any Personal Information. If you are under the age of 18 years, SSEF shall not be responsible to provide you with any service for any purpose whatsoever. By agreeing to this policy, you confirm that your age is 18 years or above.
Rights of Data Subjects
Data Subject’s rights under this Policy include the right to be informed and notified about what and how the information is being used; access to the information; correction of your data and information; erasure of your information; restrict and object to processing of your data; object to data portability; withdraw your consent and complain to a supervisory authority. Some of the rights of Data Subjects are as under:
- Right to access: The Data Subjects can review their personal data and know what exact information is being processed.
- Right to rectification: The Data Subjects can correct any errors or mistakes in its personal data, as well as keep the controller/processor updated about any changes in their personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: The Data Subjects have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data from processing.
- Right to object to data processing: The Data Subjects have a right to object to processing of their personal data on certain grounds like legitimate interest, performance of a public interest task, direct marketing and processing for scientific/historical/statistical research. This includes the absolute right to object to processing carried out for the purposes of profiling or direct marketing.
- Right to erasure: The Data Subjects have the right to request the controller to erase all/any of the personal data relating to them. However, the erasure, i.e. the right to be forgotten, shall be subject to the applicable laws, which may not result in full or partial erasure of your information.
- Right to not be subjected to automated individual decision-making: Automated individual decision-making means making decisions affecting a Data Subject solely by automated means, without any human involvement, using personal data of the data subject. Data subjects have a right to not be subject to such decision making if it produces legal effects concerning the Data Subject or similarly significantly affects the Data Subject. However, this is not an absolute right if the automated individual decision-making is done with explicit consent of the Data Subject or is necessary for performance of a contract between the Data Subject and the controller.
- Right to judicial and non-judicial remedy: The Data Subject can lodge a complaint with relevant data protection authorities, in case of any breach of their rights under GDPR.
- Right to withdraw consent: To the extent that the legal basis for SSEF processing of your personal information is your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal. However, the withdrawal shall be subject to the applicable laws, which may not lead to withdrawal of the consent.
All your personal information provided by you, can be made available to you on your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for your review, deletion, correction, updation, rectification, and amendment of the personal information provided to SSEF by you at any point in time following the process, terms and conditions laid out in this policy, as maybe feasible. However, if such processing of data is essential for us to be able to provide service to you or comply with any law, then we may not be able to serve you after your withdrawal of consent.
Any review or change connected to your personal information can be accessed via the Grievance cell established under this policy. You can opt out/ withdraw your consent by writing us an email at email@example.com. We will try to resolve your request/ complaint and provide you all the relevant information at the earliest possible time without any unnecessary delay. Generally, we will attempt to act on or/and resolve your request or any complaint within a period of one month of the receipt of the request
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by sending us a written request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this policy, the rights of the Data Subject as indicated above or more comprehensively provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall be subject to the legal and contractual obligations on the data subject and the laws of India.
This policy strictly follows the provisions of EU GDPR and the Information Technology Act, 2000 of India, and Rules made thereunder.
Consequences of Refusal to give Consent, opt out and Withdrawal
In case of your refusal to provide the desired personal information and data, or withdrawal of your consent at any point of time, SSEF at its discretion shall have the sole option to discontinue, refuse or withdraw its services or perform its obligations as contemplated in any policy or contract between you and SSEF.
Third Party Website
This policy applies solely to information collected on the Website. The Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web site.
We respect all information provided to us, and take all reasonable steps towards protection of the same. We have implemented technology and policies, with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use, and periodically review the same. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personally identifiable information transmitted to us. It may be noted that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting banking, credit card or other personal information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, SSEF cannot guarantee that communications between you and the SSEF Servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that SSEF will not be subject to security breaches. SSEF do not accept any responsibility for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password, if any, confidential and change it regularly.
This policy replaces all previous policies, agreements and disclosures by SSEF about our information and privacy practices. SSEF reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. If there are material changes to this policy in the future, we will notify you by posting the policy changes on our Website.
Management of Personal Information, Redressal of Grievances and Contact
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. For any query, concern, review, updation, modification, deletion or opting out/ withdrawal of the personal information provided by you, or resolution of any complaint/ grievances you may contact the following designated authority in writing by e-mail, at the following address:
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
The Capital Court, 104B, 4th Floor
Local Shopping Complex, Munirka Phase III
New Delhi – 110 067, India
Phone: +91 11 47474000
- This Website is owned and operated by Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation.
- We are registered and incorporated in India under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956, as a non-profit company, having our registered office at The Capital Court, 104B, 4th Floor, Munirka Phase III, New Delhi 110067, India.
- You can contact us by email, or writing on the address provided above and using the email address published on our Website from time to time.
Effective Date: 15th January 2019