Senior Programme Manager (Cities)
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to facilitate India’s transition to a cleaner energy future by aiding the design and implementation of policies that promote solutions across clean power, energy efficiency, sustainable transport, and climate policy segments. Over the last many years, Shakti has become a trusted partner of many policy makers who have requested for Shakti’s input. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropies with a strong interest in preventing climate change and mitigating harmful carbon emissions. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
The ‘Climate Policy and Climate Finance’ programme works at the national and sub-national levels to support energy transition and climate-resilient initiatives. We do this by generating evidence, supporting climate dialogues, and strengthening capacities to mainstream climate as a part of economic development at the national and sub-national levels.
Reporting to Director – Climate Policy and Climate Finance, the role of the Senior Programme Manager is to support the development and execution of a comprehensive sector strategy through research, Project management, and establishing and maintaining effective communication with external and internal stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to play an active role in India’s energy transition and make a difference in the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with a professional and respected team.
Tactical Support to Sector Strategy
- Conduct research and contribute to development of sector strategy.
- Conduct research and analysis around the opportunities identified by Programme Lead and those proposed by partners, to establish their relevance.
- Develop the Concept Notes for discussion at different levels and forums.
- Develop presentations for external interactions (e.g. Government bodies, partners etc.) with inputs from Programme Lead / Team
- Interact with Government bodies, donors and other stakeholders with inputs from Programme Lead
- Draft Terms of Reference for issuance of Request for Proposals (RFPs) to the Consultants
- Coordinate with Programme Lead, Team and prospective partners, on project proposal development from concept stage onwards.
- Support Programme Team in diversification of portfolio by identifying new research / project partners.
- Conduct research to track key sector developments, interventions of other actors to inform the Programme lead about potential project opportunities for the benefit of the sector.
- Provide technical input for research studies and implementation plan for the same
- Conduct specific research studies related to the projects
- Collate and analyse data collected from various sources
- Develop written outputs from research initiatives, including reports and articles, media pieces and explainers
- Share research findings of the project implementation with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and work with partners to track progress.
- Coordinate with Programme Lead and Finance Team to ensure adherence to reporting and payment schedules of planned programme activities.
- Prepare communication materials e.g. thematic presentations and narratives for various stakeholders
- Support programme lead through background research and drafting concept notes / proposals / progress report etc.
- Develop and provide programmatic inputs to Communications.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering / Architecture / Economics or related stream from a premium University / Institute. Specialization in urban planning is welcome.
- 5-7 years of experience in government, business, think tanks and/or CSO sectors with a focus on climate change with working experience of handling cities and urban issues.
- Experience in working on urban air quality and waste management will be preferred.
- Experience in project or partner coordination experience and a proven track record of delivering projects in an evolving ecosystem.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations, and programmes related to Energy efficiency / decarbonization at national / international level.
- Ability to interact with a wider variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from private sector, civil society organisations, and national and international think tanks and research institution.
- Understanding of data analytics, technology trends, research and innovation is desirable.
- Ability to communicate complex policy in a simple way to a non-technical audience.
- A collaborative working style and experience of working across teams.
- Works well on their own initiative and can be relied on to get the job done in a busy working environment.
- Ability to interact with a wider variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from private sector, civil society organisations, and national and international think tanks and research institutions.
- Climate Optimist with a ‘Can do’ spirit.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills.
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills.
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the delegated responsibilities.
The selected candidate will require physical presence working out of Shakti Office, Delhi, India
Salary and Benefits
Shakti offers unique opportunities for challenging, effective, and rewarding work. We have a 5-day working week, plus paid time-off, and excellent work / life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, Shakti offers a range of benefits including health insurance, personal accident insurance, gratuity as per law, and ample opportunities for personal growth.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role.
- Detail of three references (name, designation, organisation, e-mail, and phone numbers).
- Detail of current and expected salary.
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected.
Kindly note: –
- Applications received without Statement of Suitability, details of Referees, Salary details and Joining time will not be accepted and considered.
- Please mention “Senior Programme Manager (Cities)” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Last date for receiving applications is 21 January 2024
- We thank all candidates who apply. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those shortlisted for the next step of the process will be contacted.
- Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation is an equal-opportunity